Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Blog Post

Today marked our first Ivy League Connection tutorial session. I got up early, something I am not accustomed to doing on Saturdays, in order to arrive at DeAnza High School on time for the tutorial. The session began with an introduction to blogging and examples of what we should and should not do when blogging. From there, we moved on to the nuances of creating an informative, engaging, and aesthetically pleasing blog post. Among the topics covered were how to take good photos and upload them to our blogs, how to format out blogs, and when to write blogs. 

In order to get a feel for blogging, we each wrote a practice blog post. Afterwards, we practiced our photography skills, and learned how to upload photos to our blogs. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera, but Gwen let me use hers to practice with. (Thanks Gwen!) Hopefully I learned enough to blog successfully, though this post does lack photos, because of my aforementioned lack of a camera. 
A warm sunny day at De Anza
The last portion of the tutorial covered information about other pre-trip preparations, packing for our trip, the dorms we would stay in, and what to expect while traveling. I realized once again how incredible an opportunity this is. I still can't quite believe I get to travel to the University of Pennsylvania this summer to study my favorite topic. I am so excited to be a part of this program.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you can join us. Like you, I don't relish the idea of getting up early on a Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete