Friday, July 4, 2014

May the Fourth Be with You

Happy Fourth of July! It's our day off, so today, I woke up after noon. It was heavenly.

Mr. Hillyer asked about eating lunch, but I decided to eat later with Julia and meet up with the group after. I waited for Julia to wake up (the poor girl is still sick) to offer her food, and we ended up eating at the WaWa (the East Coast's far superior 7-11) before meeting the group to walk around the Penn campus. It's really nice; I have yet to find an ugly part of Penn. 

PHILADELPHIA!

After about an hour and a half of free time (more reading!), we met in the lobby (again, Julia and I were ready early) to go to watch the concert and fireworks in Philadelphia. We walked about a mile to right near the Philadelphia Museum of Art, where the concert was being held. We didn't exactly get front-row seats (it's a free concert, so it was packed), but we got to listen to The Roots, Nicki Minaj, and Ed Sheeran live. Also I caught fireflies for the first time! Woo! It was really cool. 


These pictures are just too great to make them small
:)
After that were the fireworks, which were spectacular and patriotic and very pretty. I have some pictures (not equally as pretty).






 








Oh, something eventful before the fireworks: Julia and I were about halfway through the enormous funnel cake line when a bunch of people started running toward us, and away from something. The only hint I got to what it was was someone yelling to her friend, "I'm so scared!" Julia and I started running with everyone else, prioritizing our safety over funnel cake, and fortunately, people calmed down within a minute, so I don't think it was serious, but we still have no idea what it was. 

And I never got my funnel cake. 

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment